Women’s Health Foundation
Women’s Health Foundation (YKP) was founded in 2001, and focuses on the fulfilment of women’s reproductive health rights through evidence based research and advocacy. With MAMPU funding, they formed a network of 15 other health advocacy organisations to carry out research on access and quality of the National Health Insurance Scheme (JKN).
Programs and Achievements undertaken as a MAMPU Partner:
- On April 2018, along with other delegates from other 17 civil society organisations (CSOs), YKP represented by Zumrotin K. Susilo led a dialogue with President Joko Widodo, to advocate the Perppu (Regulation in Lieu of Law) on preventing child marriage.
- Conducted a three-wave survey from 2015 to 2017 in 15 districts. Data was gathered from 8,500 women beneficiaries, and more than 2,000 medical and administrative staff.
- Findings were presented at a national workshop to the media, Bappenas and Ministry of Health.
- YKP has used the research to formulate of proposals to improve targeting and coverage JKN, improve management, and quality and inclusion of services for reproductive health for women.
- Advocate policy proposals directly to the Directorate of Community Health and Nutrition from Bappenas, as well as the Directorate for Family Health and Health Financing of the Ministry of Health.
- Based on the findings from the JKN survey, in 2018, YKP has established a Complaints Centre for BPJS-Kesehatan in each the 15 districts where research was carried out by their sub partners.
- In 2019, the quantitative survey will be followed up with indepth qualitative research.
- YKP subpartner Society for Development Initiatives and Advocacy (PIAR) in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, engages with the Indonesian Union for the Blind (PERTUNI) as part of MAMPU Partners local consultations on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Jl Kaca Jendela II No.9
Rawa Jati, Kalibata, Pancoran
South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta 12750